Friday, November 7, 2008

I think I might write again.


Now that we are happily settled in Atlanta, the election is over, and things seem to be stable I think I will start writing again. I am still tutoring in the evenings, which takes up a lot of time, but Cole and I are no longer registering voters on Wednesdays or passing out fliers so the days don't seem quite so full.
I thought that I would have a lot more time when he started being more independent, but but now I am constantly on the look out for dangerous objects and situations. I have also become obsessed with childhood developmental books. It seems increasingly harder to help him be happy. He reminds me of a video I saw in a biology class of a bear. The bear made a snowball and when it fell apart, so did the bear. That is my little Cole. He is very happy one moment and then the whole world seems to falls apart. I have started working out at the YMCA and he is in the nursery for 40 minutes. This has been our first week and I am about to give up completely. He hates being in there and for hours afterward he just wants to be cuddled and held. I like the extra snuggles, but I wish it were not such an ordeal.
On a happier note, the picture is of us at a pumpkin patch a few days before Halloween. We went with his friend Cecilia and her mom (my friend) Jessica. He had a really great time running and trying to pick up the pumpkins.

7 comments:

April Johnson said...

YEA! You're back. I totally get the busy life. I do get a little break now, Dawn came up to visit us. So I'm taking naps and redoing our bathroom. Any hoo, I'm stoked you're back!

Taylor Gardner said...

I'm so excited!!! I have wondered what you're up to these days. Sounds busy, and what a CUTE Cole Marcellus! Thanks for posting...

Kirsten said...

yes, keep writing, i love it.
did you move? do you like tutoring? good for you for working out. someday i will do more than just waddle. cole is a cutie!

Olesia said...

Hey Emily!!!!! I'm so glad that your doing blogs, its fun to see what your life is like. I cant belive how big Cole is. He is so cute. Hope to talk or see you soon. Love, Chris, Olesia and Sara

Katie C. said...

I'm so glad that you decided to keep us all updated again! Of course, if I can remember to call you regularly, I will be updated more. Love you!

Kendra said...

Don't give up!!! My first child was a wreak every week for nursery, and I so wished that I had been able to do something to get him used to being away from me before he went into nursery in church. He cried so hard he puked, every week, for almost a year! It will be so much easier for you to wean him from you for small blocks of time. Just stick with it, it will pay off!

Anonymous said...

THAT is an adorable little face.