Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trying to be patient

Warning: This is a bit of a rant.

So I feel like I have been in labor for a week. Last Thursday my contractions were 5 minutes apart for 3 hours before I called the midwife. They were painful I couldn't talk through them and so we went to the hospital. After 3 more hours at the hospital they started to space out and stop. I am dilated to a 3.5 and I am 90% effaced. All week I I have had contractions, last night they were 6 minutes apart from 4:30-11:00 when they stopped again and then they kept waking me all night. I am so tired and ready to be done. It is not my due date yet and I need to be patient, I promised myself that I would not rush things this time and I would let the baby come when he was ready, but I feel like I have been in labor for a week and I was exhausted. It also doesn't help that the Midwives keep saying, "how big was your last baby, this one feels big.
I was watching a friends boys today and they started fighting and screaming "Emily, Emily, Emily" I am ashamed to say I was in the middle of a contraction and yelled "I don't care, work it out for your selves," before crumbling into a ball on the floor. I have done really well handling the contractions and last Thursday I felt confident and ready, my house was clean, I had grocery shopped and I was calm. This week my house has fallen apart, and my patience seems completely gone. Tonight I am going to wax my eye brows, sit in the tub and read. I hope I will reemerge, happy, calm and ready to be in labor for 2 more weeks.

3 comments:

Olesia said...

Oh I feel for you! I went into labor with Sara in the early night and the only thing that helped was sitting in the warm tub. Hope that helps. Wishing you a fast labor and delivery and also recovery:) We cant wait to meet him!

Katie C. said...

Oh my gosh!!!! You were watching a friend's kids??!!! Plural???!!!!! You are not a mess, you are a ROCK STAR!!!!!!!! You are totally my hero!!!!! Good Luck, and Love you!!!

Emily and Stephen said...

THanks for the encouragement Katie! I did confess to my friend and she laughed because her kids fight a lot and she said that she has started making them work it out.